miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2018

Some thoughts about Batman #46

Can Booster Gold save the future?

A different timeline has been created and Booster needs to find the person who Batman loves the most to fix it.

Jesus Christ, I think I have found the most Tom King story of all!

What do I mean by that? Well, I'm not kidding when I say that every page and I mean, EVERY PAGE has a cringe-inducing line of dialogue! Sure, this has happened in the past, particularly during this run but not as frequently as during this issue. Just from the beginning when King forces Thomas Wayne to start repeating the word "fall", you just know where things are going and hell, King even makes the guy say the damn word when he's about to fall, there are not enough blunt words to describe that scene (and even those are not as blunt as what happened).

But that's not the only example since in every conversation that Booster and Selina had I was wondering if both lost their mind. Yes, Selina actually did in this timeline but what the hell happened to Booster? He's just not talking like a normal human being and this might be on purpose but with King you just never know.

Tony Daniel's art is at least pretty but even some of the scenes he creates feel unnecessarily bizarre like Selina catching a mouse as Catwoman which reminds me of some of the worst parts of Ann Nocenti's run.

Boy, this went bad pretty fast. Expect the worst for the conclusion.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario