miércoles, 15 de marzo de 2017

Some thoughts about Superman #19

Who will save the Superman family?

Mr. Mxyzptlk has been manipulating the whole family for a while and now is decided to take everything to the next level.

Nice chapter but not perfect.

I think I should mention that I completely skipped the last issue of Action Comics so I missed the big reveal (but I knew who it was thanks to the internet). Anyway, Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason continue the crossover by developing more of Mxyxptlk's threat and he's really presented as a convincing antagonist by making Lois and Clark forget their son and forcing them to get lost in a demented dimension. The last page is also an interesting cliffhanger.

THE PROBLEM is that everything felt pretty damn short. This particular story could have been told in half an issue I believe and doesn't justify the amount of pages that were spent in it. It seems like the story is being extended.

Gleason's artwork however, might be worth the investment in this chapter. Lots of creative panels and storytelling that almost justify getting the issue.

Again, not bad but there should have been more.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario