miércoles, 10 de diciembre de 2014

Some thoughts about Klarion #3

Um, Klarion is still learning about magic?

Er, the Witch Boy is still getting accustomed to his new life, friends and abilities while dealing with some of the strangest beings from the supernatural worl...

No seriously, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Okay, I might be reading a bit too fast and I could be suffering from insomnia but I don't get anything of this and personally I don't think the problem is so much myself as Ann Nocenti's terrible storytelling since I usually don't have many problems following Grant Morrison's work which also tends to use an eccentric style.

I get that the writer is trying to introduce different concepts in the magical side of the DCU but she does it in a pretty poor way. The ideas could be interesting in they were presented in a more logical way or at least clearer for Pete's sake. Someone really needs to tell Nocenti that using such a strange writing style doesn't make you smart, it just makes you look forced and pretentious.

The pacing is still atrocious, the story jumps from point to point so many times that makes this issue even harder to follow. Oh, and the cliffhanger is once again weak as hell.

Trevor McCarthy's artwork is beautiful but incredibly bad at storytelling, at least when he's paired to an author like this. It's simply a poor choice.

Terrible issue, I swear to God this is the last chance I give it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario