miércoles, 12 de febrero de 2014

Some thoughts about Batman #28

A glimpse to a future that may come sooner than later.

Batman and new partner are coming to the underworld of Gotham to talk to its new kingpin, it won't be an easy task though, she doesn't have any interest in hearing them since she has her own plans for the current situation which includes someone quite unexpected who may be their only salvation.

Yes, I know you're surpsrised to see a Batman title here but since I'm kinda interested in the new Batman Eternal series I couldn't help myself but to pick this one to check what is all about and I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with the result.

Both Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV gives us an interesting glance of what's going to occur in the aformentioned series which present us a desperate Gotham City now ruled by one of the classic characters from the franchise and it was nice surprise to see her in that role, it was pulled-off pretty well. Of course, we all saw coming that Harper Row was going to become the next Batman sidekick and it was also interesting to see her in action.

Still, the most shocking part of this issue came in the last page, I'm just going to say that a fan-favorite character is finally reintroduced here and it's going to make a lot of people happy, I sure was.

Dustin Nguyen handles the artwork and he's fantastic, his storytelling techniques are impeccable, he depicts the plot that Snyder and Tynion have created perfectly and his stylish work is also pretty attractive to look at.

Highly impressed by this issue, it may be mostly for the last page but it worked.

4 comentarios:

  1. good one, i just read the issue. Batman Eternal is looking better and batter. Now about Nightwing/Dick Grayson... What's his future, post Forever Evil???

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Well, I don't think that they're going to kill him but I think Johns and DC are preparing something big for Dick Grayson. I initially thought that Harper Row was going to replace him as Nightwing but now that her codename has been revealed as Bluebird, I don't know.

      By the way, I agree that Batman Eternal seems promising so far and I will at least cover its first month of stories based on the strenght of this issue.

      Borrar