miércoles, 19 de febrero de 2014

Some thoughts about Batwoman #28

Batwoman barely survived her most recent fight and her problems might just be starting.

After being discovered by Maggie's daughter, Kate is trying to reorganize her life from all the crazy events that she had to endure lately not knowing that the next attack of the Wolf Spider might be pretty close to her.

I must say that I liked this issue much more than the last one, despite of having some really great scenes with excellent art, I felt like the previous issue was lacking a bit in content.

This one not so much. Marc Andreyko delivers a quite engaging story about how Kate tries to solve her problems in the best way possible including the relationship with the daughter of her girlfriend, her own relationship with her girlfriend, her anger issues, etc. All of that feels pretty compelling.

I also have to mention that I really like the dialogue here, Andreyko's characters speak in a pretty natural way and I'm pretty surprised about how good he is at portraying women, everything was on-point.

I have one concern though, I hope that the identity of the Wolf Spider is not who I am thinking since it would be pretty predictable based on what was presented here.

Jeremy Haun draws the whole issue this time and his work continues to be consistent, it's both expressive and gothic which suits the one of the story and series perfectly.

Better issue than the last one and I'm still enjoying this series as a whole. Thanks for that.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario