miércoles, 13 de julio de 2016

Some thoughts about Detective Comics #936

The war against the Batmen continues.

Batwoman is trying to include people from her life into this battle but this might turn-out to be for the worse since she's not sure who she can trust anymore.

Okay, some things worked and others didn't.

James Tynion IV brings a new chapter where he continues to focus on character work and it works nicely for the most part. The main cast is portrayed accurately with the attention going to Batwoman once again where her relationships with both her ex-lover, Renee Montoya and her father are nicely depicted, this creates a solid background for the character and makes you more invested in her future and how this will affect the rest of the cast.

I said "for the most part" because I'm not sure if I like the direction for Kate's father. These are SPOILERS but I'm not sure if I'm okay with him being portrayed as a complete villain who is ready to betray everyone and manipulate his daughter. Yeah, he kept his own secrets in the past but nothing as big nor as terrible as this one. The writing could be interesting but the direction is not something I appreciate that much.

Alvaro Martinez handles the artwork and is pretty appealing with expressive characters and good storytelling.

Yeah, a bit on the fence about this one. I still would say I liked it though.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario