jueves, 13 de julio de 2017

Some thoughts about Supergirl #11

Supergirl will have to save her friends from the Phantom Zone.

Kara is ready to sacrifice herself to help Barbara and Ben escape but even if they manage to do so, there are even bigger dangers waiting for them.

Conclusion of this little arc and sadly doesn't change my opinion.

Steve Orlando brings a new chapter where he concentrates on some aspect of the Phantom Zone as well as the relationship between the characters. Some of the worldbuilding is decent and touches a few classic ideas but at the same time is not that investing and doesn't present anything particularly surprising nor compelling about the place.

The characterization is appropriate I would say but once again, is not really deep to the point that makes you discover new aspects of the cast. Aside from the end which presents an interesting twist, mind you, I still don't know how to take it and I hope there's a good explanation for it.

Brian Ching continues in art duties and I still don't like his overly-angular style and poorly defined backgrounds. This seriously needs a new artist.

I don't know what's happening with Orlando lately, between this and Justice League of America I find his current work pretty poor and doesn't make me excited for upcoming issues.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario