miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014

Some thoughts about Thor #1

Thor is no longer worthy of the Mjolnir, then who will be?

No matter how hard he tries, Thor can lift the mystical hammer he usually useddue to the words that Nick Fury whispered to him. However, there are still need for a new God of Thunder, no matter which form he or she could take.

As you may already know, I have been highly anticipating this new series since it was going to feature a brand new Goddess of Thunder as its protagonist and I've heard pretty good things about Jason Aaron's Thor in the past so I was willing to give it a shot. So what did I thought?

It was okay I suppose but I was expecting more.

The story itself is pretty solid and Aaron is clearly playing with many of ideas he created over the course of his work in this title, especially the ones focusing on Thor himself and the rest of the cast. The interactions between all these characters is pretty believable based on their history and it was really well portrayed.

The problem is that the so called "protagonist", the new female Thor just appears in the last page. I'm sorry if I'm spoiling anything here but it's something worth noticing. I was really hoping to know more about her and her motivations and she didn't have even a line of dialogue, that was a disappointment.

Russell Dauterman's work is wonderful. His art manages to capture the expressions of all the characters perfectly and his storytelling techniques are quite good.

Still, this was just a decent issue, don't expect much from this first installment.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario