miércoles, 17 de agosto de 2016

Some thoughts about Green Lanterns #5

Are the Green Lanterns able to stop the Red Dawn?

The attack of the Red Lanterns continues to increase infecting people around the world and despite that both Simon and Jessica think they're ready for the fight, Atrocitus is here to prove them wrong.

Yet another book I promised that I wouldn't keep covering but at this point you should know that you shouldn't trust my words.

I wish I would have kept my promise though since Sam Humphries story refuses to get better. The writing continues to be incompetent in several places but is much more obvious in terms of narration due that the characters try to be funny in the most unfunny ways possible ("Unsubscribe"? Really?) and at the worst time possible as well. The "comedic" lines appear just when they're about to die which makes the scenes hard to take seriously.

There are some solid character moments here like how Jess continues to doubt herself and it shows in her narration with her own voice contradicting her own statements, this could be a interesting plot-point reflecting the original nature of her powers with Volthoom telling her the same which could mean that she's creating a second personality but I don't think Humphries is planning to be that complex. Simon developes a new power but is not something that really excites me.

Robson Rocha handles the artwork and is pretty solid with strong action scenes and character expressions.

Other than that, still not recommending this. Is simply not well-done.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario