miércoles, 26 de agosto de 2015

Some thoughts about Cyborg #2

Cyborg wants to be human again one way or another.

Victor is trying to connect with people to see if that can make him feel better with himself. However, these people he's trying to relate to are starting to get their own upgrades to be just like him and that could be the worst thing imaginable.

Boy, so many things going wrong here.

As I stated in the previous chapter, David Walker had a pretty clunky and heavyhanded narration that tended to go for overexposition and repetition of words to get to the point, in this issue is even more obvious with Vic repeating how he wants to be a human over and over again.

And believe or not, that's not the worst part of the dialogue since in one segment Victor starts to talk to his cat in the most unnatural and blunt way. People can talk to their pets and they don't need to be crazy (I talk to my dog everyday and I certainly hope that doesn't make me crazy) but at least they talk as usual human beings without repeating everything that's happening to them at THAT EXACT MOMENT! If Walker really wants to make Victor more like a human he's completely failing.

Also, Victor says the line "But I'm not a rapper" while talking to his cat. I don't know if I should take it as funny or stupid, is probably both though.

Ivan Reis is still in charge of the art and his work is stunning as you might expect. Then again, this is not his best work and I feel that Walker's narration is not letting his storytelling speak for itself.

Mediocre issue overall, not liking the whole execution.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario