miércoles, 30 de julio de 2014

Some thougths about Sinestro #4

Sinestro will have to face his greatest fear once again.

The Inquisition, a group who is ready to forbid any kind of emotion in the universe, are ready to make the Sinestro Corps pay for their acts the way they deserve it. Now Sinestro will have to encounter one of the biggest threats that he had to face in his life, Hal Jordan.

Well, four issues in and I unfortunately have to say that I'm yet to be impressed.

Cullen Bunn creates a competent plot with pretty on-point characterization for Sinestro based on his previous appearances as usual but there's hardly anything new besides that. The enemies are not something that we haven't seen before concerning the Emotional Spectrum and the side-character don't actually shine that much.

I will say this though, I really liked how Bunn implemented Hal Jordan's appearance here, it's a good way to interpret his relationship with his Sinestro.

Another thing that concerns me is that a member from the team who I was really interested in seeing more since he represents a dark mirror to one of the characters from the Green Lantern Corps, gets basically destroyed here and I hope that's not really all what it seems.

Rags Morales replaces Dale Eaglesham on art duties and while his work is solid, I don't think is his strongest work. It might be due to the colorist but the expressions of the characters are not as detailed as you would expect from his work.

Anyway, this was still a decent issue but needs something new urgently.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario