miércoles, 9 de julio de 2014

Some thoughts about Spider-Man 2099 #1

The world doesn't have enough Spider-Men.

Miguel O' Hara, native from the year 2099, is currently on present time to protect his grandfather from a threat that could create a temporal distortion that would eventually affect him. Can he adjust to the new life in this age along with all the dangers that it brings?

The beginning of the new series feauting one of the most important characters from Marvel's old "2099" line. Spider-Man 2099 was something I never got to read before and therefore I don't know enough about it but I have heard that fans from that time remember the character fondly so I decided to check it out. What did I think?

It's a decent story, but I wouldn't call it great yet.

Peter David is the one handling the script and I've always been a fan of his work due to its experimental and humorous nature, this issue however doesn't offer that much that we haven't seen in other series concerning time traveling heroes, or Spider-Man related heroes for that matter. It's the typical threat from the future that comes to kill someone from the past.

David's dialogue works quite well though, his characters talk in pretty natural manner and the personality he injects on the characters is obvious, I have no complaints in the characterization so far.

The best aspect from this issue has been hjonestly Will Sliney's pencils. His work is simply gorgeous with beuatiful characters, intense action, excellently depict scenes and an overall appealing style.

As I said is a solid first entry but not one that makes me want to read more about the character.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario