miércoles, 28 de enero de 2015

Some thoughts about The Multiversity Guidebook #1

Are you ready to learn the true nature of comic books?

Universes are currently dying and one full of innocence is the latest victim. There's something hiding inside of it though, the history of the creation of the Multiverse as well as its infinite secrets.

Okay, I wasn't expecting much from this issue considering that it was a guidebook but holy crap, was I proved wrong!

Don't get me wrong, this is still a guidebook but Grant Morrison exploits the theme of the issue to tell more about the story. This is a pretty important part of the ongoing plot that Morrison is developing and it certainly delivers a lot of points that fans want to learn more about.

Starting from the history of the DC Multiverse since the beginning, the writer starts exploring concepts that many people thought they didn't exist anymore. Several crisis have still ocurred and is wonderful to see how it all connects.

The whole list of Earths is also quite interesting, there are multitude of dimensions that I wish they were explored based simply on this guide and I also love how Morrison is trying to explain how the whole map of this creation works.

The amount of fantastic artists also help a lot to deliver on the premise. Gary Frank, Nicola Scott, Darwyn Cooke among several others complement this perfectly.

I'm probably missing some points which I will rant later but believe me, you need to get this issue. Is completely essential to the series.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario