miércoles, 28 de enero de 2015

Some thoughts about Uncanny Avengers #1

The Avengers have survived yet another catastrophic event, but there are more yet to come.

Both Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch have just discovered that they're not Magneto's children after all these years and that presents many more questions. Now, helped with many new members of the team, both humans and mutants will continue to work together to save the world.

The relaunch of a title that I honestly didn't pay much attention, I've read a few issues from Rick Remender's previous run but it never quite got my interest. However, I thought this relaunch would be an ideal way to give it another chance, so what did I think about it?

Well, I would say it's a solid first issue but not quite impressive.

I will say this already: I don't really like the new retcon about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I find it pretty unnecessary and honestly, a bad decision to cause more drama in this family that supposedly should have gotten over their problems a long time ago.

Nonetheless, what this issue does is focus on several members from the cast which certainly helps to balance the book. The writer gives enough scene to each character to make the reader appreciate who they are and know them a bit better. Not to meniton that there are enough sub-plots to keep you invested in the story.

However, I feel like the issue ended way too soon, it was kinda short in content.

Daniel Acuña is in charge of the artwork and his art is beautiful with a quite distinctive style that gives every character a lot of detail. The action scenes also look pretty good although a bit stiff at times.

Solid beginning as I said but it needs to improve to be a must read.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario