miércoles, 3 de enero de 2018

Some thoughts about Green Arrow #36

Green Arrow is about to lose everything.

After being manipulated by his mother, Ollie's only hope is Black Canary but even her might not be enough to save the live of one of their loved ones.

Dinah: "You know one of the things I love about Ollie? He makes mistakes but he always learns from them".

... PFFT! HA HA HA HA HA! Oh my God, this is just too precious!

Oh, really Dinah? "He makes mistakes but he always learns from them"? So tell me, did he learn a lot when he cheated on you the first time? Or the second time? Or hell, like the third time? Man, he must be a slow learner.

And that's without mentioning how he abandoned one of his children once... just to do it again years later. Those are things that are hard to learn I guess.

Yes, I know I'm talking about the old continuity but those aspects are still highly relevant considering that this run is heavily taking inspiration from that. This is yet another case of how Percy is just ignoring the most complex aspects of Oliver Queen's character to simply tell a lighter version of him. Yes, those were not likable traits but they were Oliver's traits and that's what made him so unique in the first place. God, this is truly the poor man's Green Arrow.

About the plot itself, I also have issues about it, big surprise. For one, Moira Queen is now a POS, even a bigger one than Robert since she apparently was having an affair with Malcolm Merlyn which is the final nail on the coffin for Jeff Lemire's run I guess since it not only contradicts Moira's original portrayal and fate there but also depicts her as cartoonily evil (this coming from Percy is not a shock) which considering how layered Lemire made Robert in the first place, is just adds insult to the injury.

But at least Shado killed that evil businessman from the Ninth Circle that was alive for too long, that's a plus. I just wish she would have done the same for the rest of them.

Juan Ferreyra's artwork is yet again quite good at storytelling, but I wish he had a better script.

"He makes mistakes but he always learns from them", heh. This is why I keep reading this book, sometimes it makes me laugh.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario