miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2015

Some thoughts about Ant-Man #3

An-Man will have to face his archenemy, or at least who he thinks is his archenemy.

Taskmaster has been hired to complete a mission and Scott has no other choice but to try to stop him. However, he will soon realize that there are more complicated matters at hand.

Yeaaah, I have to say that while I loved the whole self-deprecating attitude from previous issues, this one went a bit too far.

Nick Spencer continues with his story about how Scott tries to become a better father and those aspects are really well implemented. However, there's also a section focusing on Taskmaster and him and how Scott thinks that he's Taskmaster's nemesis while the guy doesn't even remember him.

I feel like they're beating a dead horse at this point. I love when superhero comics are self-aware but you don't need to go to the extreme, this wouldn't be so bad actually if Scott didn't take himself so seriously but here he actually believes that he's this guy's rival, he's painfully unaware of his own limitations.

Other than that, the issue is not bad. There's a main plot going on and I like Scott's portrayal aside from that moment that I already mentioned.

Ramon Rosanas is still on art duties and his work keeps impressing with really expressive characters and clean look.

Decent I would say but those bits kinda hurt the issue for me.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario