miércoles, 12 de noviembre de 2014

Some thoughts about Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #1

What is the connection between all these heroes?

Sam Wilson has been chosen as the new Captain America and he's ready to get rid of all the criminals that could threaten the country by any means necessary. Now, the Mighty Avengers are still trying to get their act together but they're about to face something much more dangerous than they could have imagined.

Well, I have to say that I've been waiting to jump into this series for a while.

I'm a big fan of Al Ewing's work after his Loki: Agent of Asgard series and I was highly anticipating this new volume since I was already invested on the idea of Sam Wilson as Captain America so does this issue delivers?

Well, let's talk about the positives first.

As usual, Ewing likes to play with the expectations from the readers and that's pretty obvious since the first page based on how a bunch of people react about the announcement of the new Captain America pretty much the way comic fans would do it which is really funny.

The writer also explores the ramifications of previosu storylines for the team and how this affect them in a quite natural way.

Finally, I didn't see that twist at the end. It was quite surprising.

My only problem here is that I see Sam pretty out of character, at least compared to how he was portrayed in his main series in this same week. He looks much more violent and cruel than what you would expect, I might be missing something about this but it becomes kinda troublesome.

Luke Ross is in charge of the pencils and his work is really good with quite expressive characters and detailed action scenes.

Overall, this was still a solid first entry despite of that major complaint I had.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario