domingo, 15 de diciembre de 2013

Some thoughts about Man of Steel


Yes, I know I'm late to the party but I posted this a few months ago in a forum and I would feel bad if I don't put it here:

So I finally saw this movie.

After hearing so many mixed opinions about this I was a bit apprehensive about its quality so I went to the theater willing to judge it for both its good and bad aspects. So what did I thought?

Honestly, I frikking loved it. Best Superman movie ever IMO.

I'm going to use a similar phrase from another Nolan movie: This is the Superman that we needed. The arrival of the first superhero on earth couldn't have been told on another way (At least not on the movieverse), he's afraid of revealing himself to the world just like the world is afraid of him but both need to work together if they want to defeat a much more dangerous threat.

All the actors did a great job at portraying their respective roles. Henry Cavill characterized fantastically a Superman that it's both alien and human at the same time, really emotional performance expecially compared to the lackluster Brandon Routh one, Christopher Reeve will always be a classic but Cavill has earned the role so far. Amy Adams also did a good job as Lois Lane, not the classic snarky reporter but a really kind one who wants to help others. Michael Shannon was a revelation, the best actor and character from the film. Even cold guys like Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe had strong scenes.

About the fight scenes, dear God, this might have been the best superhero movie ever in that regard. Great effects, powerful action scenes, kickass fight after kickass fight. Fantastic.

I understand some of the criticisms. The shaky camera is a bit annoying at times and some of the lines are kinda forced and obviously made for the trailer. However, when I heard things like "This is not Superman!", "Pa Kent would never do that!", etc. I know that those people are just nitpicking, this is the new origin for the DC movieverse and it's great that it's different from the comics, hell, it's mandatory. We needed to show a new Superman, a Superman not only for traditionalists but for a whole new generation.

Nothing more to say. Great film, I hope they keep the great work for the sequel.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario