miércoles, 4 de junio de 2014

Some thoughts about Swamp Thing #32

Can the Avatar of the Green stand a chance against the King of the Seven Seas?

Alec Holland has discovered a mysterious activity undersea that only him can stop. However, due to his last encounter with Aquaman, both heroes are not exactly on the best terms and so, Arthur Curry will do anything on his power to stop him.

Yes, I know what you're thinking

"What the hell is Swamp Thing doing here?"

Yes, I don't usually cover this title. There's nothing to do with its quality or author since I love Charles Soule's work and I have heard pretty good things about it, is just that I'm not particularly interested in the character.

Still, since this was basically the next chapter from the story that started in the Aquaman series which I love, I thought I needed to at least check this out and I must say that I liked what I saw.

Soule utilizes both characters perfectly, the demonstration of their abilities is great and quite imaginative. As I mentioned before, I'm not really a Swamp Thing reader but I enjoyed the showcase of his skills and Aquaman, let's just say that he uses a much more creative way to deal with Swamp Thing than in his own series. I wish Soule would write more Aquaman (If you know what I mean).

Jesus Saiz, oh how much I missed you. This is one of my favorite artists in the medium and I was always looking for an opportunity to check his work again, his characters are gorgeous, he has a really great way to depict settings and his storytelling techniques are pretty good too. His Aquaman looks simply majestic.

Excellent issue and I'm glad that I picked it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario