miércoles, 18 de junio de 2014

Some thoughts about Batwoman #32

The supernatural aspects of Gotham City are back to Batwoman's life.

Kate's old girlfriend, Sophie, has just arrived to Gotham hoping that she could be able to be in contact with Kate again. However, that's not her only problem since the vampire Nocturna has decided to start commiting crimes in the city again along with several other villains.

I suppose that this is the beginning of a new arc for the series.

"Suppose" because I don't know if the last storyarc about the Wolf Spider had a proper ending, his identity wasn't even revealed (although I think it's pretty obvious who he is). I assume that Marc Andreyko is going to turn this in to a sub-plot but I wish that storyline would have gotten a better resolve.

The issue itself though, works pretty well. The arrival of Kate's past romantic life is a pretty interesting one and one that I was hoping to be explored a bit more, Nocturna is also an interesting addition to Batwoman's rogue gallery and she seems to be playing an important role in upcoming issues. Plus, she's not the only villain that appears here.

The dialogue flows quite naturally. Andreyko reall knows how to create great characterization and interactions based on his narration.

Jeremy Haun is once again on art duties and his work continues to be gorgeously gothic and depicts the supernatural events quite nicely.

Solid issue I would say. I just wish that the last arc had a better conclusion.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario