miércoles, 18 de junio de 2014

Some thoughts about Green Lantern: New Guardians #32

What are the Psions and what kind of menace do they represent?

Kyle Rayner has been missing since he left Earth and Carol Ferris couldn't be more worried about it despite of the apparent lack of interest from the Guardians. Now, in the search of the White Lantern they will find a series of horrific experiments that are being conducted on several beings.

This is the beginning of the new arc based on the Psions and so far it looks like a solid start.

I have to warn you though, this is mostly a set-up issue where we learn the level of threat that these creatures can create and how they're are affecting all the races around the universe. There were some good aspects like more characterization for the Guardians of the Universe and how they're being developed over the course of the story and some interesting concepts.

However, I must say that I wish that the story would have offered a bit more content since this issue mostly serves to set the stage for the following ones. I suppose I will have to wait and see what Justin Jordan has planned.

Brad Walker is back on art duties and I'm glad he is, he continues to provide a quite creative and vibrant style that brings the best from this issue, his depictions of aliens are wonderful.

Solid issue as I said but I hope that the following ones deliver more content.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario