miércoles, 13 de marzo de 2019

Some thoughts about Catwoman #9

Can Catwoman recover what is hers?

Selina has been surprisingly robbed and now she will have to retrieve what she lost but a detective is not going to make things easier.

I was admitedly surprised that Joelle Jones was not writing this and I guess this is my fault for not paying attention to solicits but still, I believe this is a solid issue.

Ram V. delivers an one-and-done story about the interesting premise of Catwoman being robbed. The characterization is pretty solid due that the writer manages to evoke Selina's calm and elegant voice no matter the complicated situation she faces and her interactions with the rest of the cast seems appropriate. There's even solid developments from recent events like her failed wedding with Bruce.

Detective Dean Hadley is presented in this issue and I don't know if he's already a DC character since I don't think I've heard of him but still, he's a solid foil for Selina and his personality contrasts with her nicely. The plot also shows fun twists here and there.

John Timms handles the art and I wouldn't mind seeing him more in the title. He's able to capture the personal and action scenes perfectly with a pretty vibrant vibe.

Good read overall. Let's see if things continue this way.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario