miércoles, 5 de septiembre de 2018

Some thoughts about Justice League #7

How can the Justice League win this battle?

It seems like the Legion of Doom is going to be able to defeat Superman and the others but they might get just the right miracle to survive.

This reminds me of the last couple of Scott Snyder's events so much.

Why do I say this? Well, while the first half of the issue is dedicated to actual battle, the other half is dedicated to setting things up for upcoming events and really it makes all of it feel pretty rushed. Is not like there are not cool moments because there are but at the same time the battle ends a bit too quickly and in a rather underwhelming way where the villains simply retreat for forced reasons.

Speaking about the other half of the installment, is once again dedicated mostly to exposition about what happened and what's going to happen and I think I've endured enough of this Snyder trope in Metal and No Justice already, I was hoping things were going to be different here but alas, it seems like the writer has lost his ability to create a satisfying conclusion.

Jim Cheung's art is really good though with powerful fights, strong effects and a bit of an erratic storytelling but I blame mostly the nature of the script.

I guess I should have seen this coming and I'm not sure how things will improve in the future but let's see.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario