miércoles, 16 de octubre de 2019

Some thoughts about Aquaman #53

What could ruin the reencounter between Aquaman and Mera?

An old member of Amnesty Bay has returned and at the worst time possible since Black Manta is threatening to return as well.

Still boring for the most part.

Kelly Sue DeConnick delivers a new chapter where she explores a bit more of the cliffhanger from the last one and I mean "cliffhanger" for the lack of a better word because I don't know why this should be exciting. The introduction of a supposedly famous member of Amnesty Bay, someone who was never mentioned before until I believe last issue where he appeared, is not really remarkable despite that for some reason, the writer wants to depict as such. Also, this seems connected to the first arc of this run but considering how dull it was, I just don't care.

There's one, one moment where I admitedly gave me a smile. When Arthur and Mera met each other again and Mera asks nervously "how is my hair" to which Vulko answers "wet". A genuinely fun moment that is the highlight of a rather unremarkable read.

Robson Rocha and Eduardo Pansica share the pencils and their work is solid due to the expressive characters and clear storytelling.

Aside from that, not worth checking out sadly.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario