martes, 5 de enero de 2021

Some thoughts about Future State: Harley Quinn #1


What is the future of Harley Quinn?

Harley is currently under the custody of the Scarecrow but she has even bigger problems due that Black Mask is willing to take over the whole city.

Future State has been hit and miss and this is... in-between I guess.

Stephanie Phillips brings a story about a future Harley which is apparently not a different version of the classic one which is a bit of missed opportunity since I believe Future State is better when it focuses on new characters. About how it depicts that particular future, is not that good either because while there's a bit of exploration, is not enough to make it compelling enough. The characterization is appropriate I guess and it offers a few interesting interpretations but nothing out of the ordinary.

Is not like the writing itself is bad, it gets the job done but I guess I was expecting something more compelling in terms of plot or reinventions. Speaking about the story, it progresses fine but it doesn't make me really engaged about it.

Simone Dimed is the most appealing thing about this issue for me, her style has an anime-inspired look that is really pleasent to look at. The storytelling can be a bit unclear though.

Not bad, not great, Future State in a nutshell.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario