miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2018

Some thoughts about Superman #6

How can Superman will deal with the threat of Rogol Zaar?

Clark is still trying to save the planet from his new enemy and things are going to be even more complicated once that Jon returns.

I feel like barely anything happened here.

Brian Bendis continues his story and I feel like is has been going for too long. Rogol Zaar was never a compelling enough antagonist to justify the time spent on him from the Man of Steel miniseries to this point and this issue doesn't change any of that. In fact, the issue barely does anything to differentiate itlself from the rest of the run with events that seem rather similar to what happened before and the plot progressing at a snail pace.

And of course, there's the return of Jon Kent as a teenager which I was ready to hate and believe me, I still hate it because they're forcing an immensely entertaining kid superhero into a role that is used by too many characters already. However, Jon only appears at the end of the issue and there's barely anything to criticize yet so I'm leaving that to the next chapter. That being said, this also goes with my thoughts about how there's very little content in this installment.

Ivan Reis's art is wonderful as usual with beautiful action scenes but at times he feels wasted here.

Not good and I fear the next one will be worse.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario