miércoles, 7 de agosto de 2019

Some thoughts about Justice League #29

The fate of the Multiverse will be decided by a former villain.

Jarro has arrived to the Legion of Doom's headquarters and is willing to stop them alone no matter if that means to become his old self once again.

A new issue is here and once again, there are things to enjoy and things to be annoyed by.

Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV bring a new installment in which the focus belongs completely to Jarro and I must say that I really digged this part. I have a lot of complaints about the direction of Justice League but this take on Starro has been pretty entertaining admitedly, I really like how he's basically a little kid who wants to play as a superhero and the writers get a few interesting twists along the way that much such portrayal more complex.

The problems are the usual though. There's Too. Much. Goddamn. EXPOSITION! Characters talk way too much telling stuff we already know and is even worse because it keeps going back to stuff like Perpetua which I'm really tired of already. There's simply nothing to be left to the imagination.

Bruno Redondo handles the art and is really solid with a vibrant tone and strong storytelling.

Mixed thoughts but I think I liked it more than anything else. Not bad.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario