miércoles, 20 de diciembre de 2017

Some thoughts about Batman #37

What do these couples have in common?

Superman and Lois Lane decided to go on a double date with Batman and Catwoman and this can only go so well.

Good Lord, I KNEW that I shouldn't have been hopeful!

Tom King concludes his little storyarc about these two couples and while the last chapter was a pretty compelling exploration about the contrast between Superman and Batman, this one is just a chaotic mess. I mean, King tries to depict the situation between all the characters, about why they are with their respective partners and explore deep themes.

But my God, he fails at every scene. Why? Because the characters here don't talk like HUMAN BEINGS. Awkward line after awkward line that tries immensily hard to sound unique but only manages to sound incredibly unnatural to the point that makes me question if these are classic characters we're used to and the fact that they exchange costumes make the question even harder to answer (What was the point of that anyway? Is such a forced direction).

Clay Mann remains in art duties and his work is still pretty solid with beautiful characters and clear storytelling.

Aside from that, simply terrible and I'm glad that I put this in my Top Ten Worst DC Comics of this year.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario