martes, 16 de febrero de 2021

Some thoughts about Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #2


What happens after the final battle?

Superman and Darkseid fell and now Diana is trying to find hope no matter how little there's left in the universe.

Is that it?

That's what I've been asking myself after going through Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad's story. Last issue was not particularly impressive but I thought they were going to devote it to the last battle after Darkseid which would have been predictable but at least there would have been a point about it. Here however, is just about Diana going through space for centuries after that with a heavy emphasis of the theme of hope and achieving very little at the end with a simple sacrifice. Either by intention or by execution, I don't find this compelling at all. Jen Bartel's art is pretty to look at though.

Nubia's segment by L.L. McKinney's art is not much better since is rather overwritten, repeating a bit too much a single idea or piece of dialogue and sadly doesn't make me too invested in this version of Nubia despite that I really like the idea of her. Alitha Martinez' art is pretty classic, sometimes to a fault, due that while is expressive enough, I feel like is not that distinctive.

Disappointing overall, can't recommend.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario