miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017

Some thoughts about Green Arrow #15

Seattle is in chaos.

The Arrow Killer is still committing crimes while Oliver is trying to prevent the police from committing even more and he will need all the help he can get.

"Call me Red Arrow".

No Emiko, I won't call you that way. You're Emiko and maybe one day you will become Green Arrow. Red Arrow is supposed to be Roy's identity once that he matures.

Yes, I know I'm nitpicking and forcing my preferences here for the series but I just dislike most things Percy is doing for Green Arrow.

The story itself is trying to follow the typical themes Percy has been using since the beginning of his work with the police going quickly insane with violence (because OF COURSE they do) and Oliver trying to fight against a city that desperately needs for him. Again, the premise is still one-sided as hell with a side being particularly exaggerated to benefit the other which doesn't surprise but still disappoints me.

But I guess is cool since we get some cringe... I mean, heartwarming scenes between Oliver and Dinah.

Juan Ferreyra returns to artwork and is still pretty solid storytelling-wise with creative layouts.

Barely anything happened here now that I think about it, not worthy for the little content it had, not even if it had more of it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario