miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

Some thoughts about Afterlife with Archie #2

 Archie and zombies! How I never noted this before?!

Riverdale is still suffering after the dangerous magic that Sabrina performed and Jughead is paying the consequences of his acts. People are dying and getting infected, the only hope is to hide in Veronica's mansion but they may not be as safe as they think.

I don't even know how this didn't catch my view the first time, I know I didn't even put my thought on the first issue but I couldn't help myself to comment about this one. The world of Archie have been twisted in a way I never thought possible, I mean sure, you can see Marvel doing zombie stories but Archie?!

Okay, okay, I'm getting out of the shock. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is playing with these classic characters by making them a bit more realistic and a bit more mean. Betty and Veronica are much more hateful towards each other, Veronica especially seems to not have any qualms to show her dislike for other people, poor Jughead has lost all hope and most surprisingly, Ginger and Nancy seems to have a relationship in this universe, could this transition into the main one?

Francesco Francavilla is an expert on horror and his pencils reflect his expertise at creating a creepy atmosphere and the brutal zombie attack.

Surprisingly twisted issue and series. I almost feel bad for reading this but I'm such a sucker for zombie stories and this is such a good one that it's hard to not keep wanting more.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario