martes, 18 de agosto de 2020

Some thoughts about Wonder Woman Annual #4

 

Can Wonder Woman save her people once again?

Old enemies have returned to put Amazon's lives in danger and now Diana will have to find a way to reunited everyone and fight together.

Wasn't expecting Steve Orlando to return to this title honestly.

I tried his Wonder Woman run a couple of times before and I thought it was... fine, not bad by any means but not particularly engaging. This is not necessarily a bad thing though considering how hit and miss Orlando has become in recent years so we could have gotten something far worse but at the same time, one couldn't help but wish for something better.

This Annual continues a lot of plot-points from Orlando's run as you should expect (some of them I don't recognize because I wasn't following his work here) and it definitely feels like his typical stuff in the title. Decent worldbuilding, decent plannification, decent characterization is all decent enough, nothing awful but nothing remarkable. 

I think this would have worked better if Orlando made a stand-alone story instead of following his previous plot-points. In fact, the conclusion of the story teases about yet another development for Orlando's ideas which I'm not sure how he can continue (nor I want him to continue) considering Mariko Tamaki is on Wonder Woman right now and she's doing a much better job.

Jack Herbert handles the art and is pretty solid with expressive characters and strong action scenes.

Passable I guess but at this point I expect better things.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario