miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2016

Some thoughts about Wonder Woman #13

The truth has finally reached Wonder Woman.

Diana has just learned that everything she believed was a lie and now is up to Steve to try to get her back to her sense before is too late.

Greg Rucka's direction continues and I'm still not sure if I really like it.

Is not badly-written since it presents some interesting moments of characterization. This issue mostly focuses on Steve Trevor since Diana just had a mental breakdown due to the recent reveal (although I doubt she will stay in this weak state due to Rucka's own beliefs), his background is interesting enough and the way how he handles the new organization Poison is compelling. However, most of his character revolves around Wonder Woman which I'm not sure it tells the right message, I wish he had a bit more of his own personality.

Aside from that, I'm not really a fan of how Brian Azzarello's run is being retconned and I wish Rucka would have found a way to keep all intact despite that he wanted to use his own version of the origin but let's see how this continues.

Renato Guedes is in charge of the art here and I tend to like his style more often than not but I don't think he's a good fit for the title due to his overly-angular and at times awkward character models.

Not one of my favorite but still worth checking out.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario