martes, 24 de noviembre de 2020

Some thoughts about Action Comics #1027

What is the fate of the Daily Planet?

Red Cloud is willing to destroy Clark's life but they have even bigger problems now due that his whole world is about to change.

This is just as Brian Bendis as it gets.

Sure, I mean that this is extremely overwritten, has a dull pacing and an abrupt conclusion but that's not really what I'm talking about since I think at this point everyone knows that, I'm talking about Bendis' work as a whole. Bendis in my opinion usually has quite a few decent ideas, ideas that can seem even innovative at times, the problem is that most of these ideas are coupled with an extremely bad execution that just doesn't give them the push they deserve.

Take for example Clark revealing his secret identity to the world, that in and of itself is an interesting direction that could bring many interesting new stories but can you honestly tell me anything truly compelling that came from that? No! Absolutely nothing came from that, Bendis' era is about to end and we didn't even get anything valuable for such a seemingly important development. Just more of the same.

The ending of this issue for example mentions how Jimmy Olsen is the new owner of the Daily Planet, an interesting idea isn't it? But I honestly can't be excited for it since I know Bendis' craft and everything will amount to basically nothing at the end, not to mention that his run is also about to conclude and that can't make things any better (at least not in regard to this plot-point).

JRJR remains in art duties and his work is passable I guess but lacking the polish of his best efforts.

Skip this, skip this whole unremarkable run.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario