martes, 23 de abril de 2024

Some thoughts about Green Arrow #11


What does Merlyn want?

Malcolm Merlyn has hated Oliver Queen for years and his reasons are finally revealed but he will need more than that if he wants to beat him.

Okay, I will admit that this keeps getting better.

Joshua Williamson offers a new installment where he fixes some of the issues I had with his early work here. As I've said before, I didn't like the way he implemented neither Merlyn or his motivations during his opening arc but here he actually creates a believable background for him and a reason for the grudge between the two, and is one that connects their respective histories in a logical way while somehow respecting continuity despite of how messy it can be. I'm still not a fan of this Merlyn being Malcolm (Thanks as always Ben Percy) but at least Williamson made it work.

Once again, you can appreciate the attention to history here due to the references to the past including characters that I thought lost and forgotten like Tommy Merlyn (who I hope plays a bigger role in the future) and the multiple versions of familiar characters in the Green Arrow universe.

Sean Izaakse and Eric Gapstur do a solid job during their respective sections in terms of storytelling and detail but is always a joy to see Phil Hester back drawing Green Arrow stories, his style is just so nostalgic for me.

Great read, hope things remain this way.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario