miércoles, 25 de julio de 2018

Some thoughts about Mera: Queen of Atlantis #6

Mera will need to prove that she's true Queen of Atlantis.

The battle between Mera and Orm for the throne has started and the result could change the direction of the battle that Arthur is currently having.

This miniseries comes to a conclusion and I would say is decent enough.

Dan Abnett offers the final chapter in which he closes this little arc but makes me think that it was mostly a set-up for what's about to happen. The battle between Mera and Orm is handled adequately since both get a solid use of their respective abilities and the outcome is also pretty logical and shows how powerful Mera actually is. From a character standpoint I don't think it works too much in Orm's favor since his whole development was stopped pretty quickly but considering how much Abnett did for him in this miniseries, I think is fair.

However, and as I said before, this is mostly a set-up for the current Aquaman story in the main title since the writer needed to make Mera ready to help Arthur against Rath. Mind you, I don't hold this against the whole miniseries since it has shown really solid worldbuilding and character work but I wish the conclusion would have been more self-contained and showed more independence for Mera.

Lan Medina remains in art duties and his work is still solid thanks to the expressive characters and clear storytelling.

Is not a bad finale, far from it, I think it works appropriately but I think it could have been more if it wasn't forced into the current Aquaman storyline.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario