martes, 1 de septiembre de 2020

Some thoughts about DCeased: Dead Planet #3

 

Who is the last hope of the world?

The team are still trying to survive their arrival to Earth and John Constantine believe there's only one person who can help them save their people.

BWAHAHAHA! Oh, my God, Tom Taylor is so predictable!

If you read my thoughts about Hellblazer this week you might remember that I mentioned Taylor's overused "Rich people suck, hyuk hyuk" social commentary and now in this same issue he says stuff like "We face the most evil thing we could find, a bunch of rich bastards". Jesus Christ, it almost reaches parody levels, Taylor just can't do anything more complex than that I guess.

Aside from that, there's still the usual gore and such, a few interesting character bits here and there as well. Although there's a particularly bad character moment when Damian hugs Jim Gordon saying that "I'm not as emotionally stunted" and I was like "Dude, you're DAMIAN WAYNE!", then again, it wouldn't be a Taylor book without scenes with off characterization.

Trevor Hairsine remains in art duties and he's still find during the violent segments although I'm not that fond of his character expressions.

Nope, too Taylor for me. It turns out that DCeased was a perfect book for him for both the right and wrong reasons.

3 comentarios:

  1. I think I may love you for being the only person who isn't blinded by Tom Taylor worship. And pointing out how ooc Damian is.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I've been pointing out problems with Taylor's characterization way back during his Earth 2 run. This is a common theme with him actually.

      Borrar
  2. I'm glad someone else sees it for what it is. Dceased can be fun but the way people talk about it and about Taylor in general goes way overboard. As if he can do no wrong. It's really, really annoying.

    ResponderBorrar