miércoles, 5 de marzo de 2014

Some thoughts about Moon Knight #1

The greatest detective that this world has known is back.

Marc Spector has been fighting against criminals as long as he has been fighting with his own mind. His multiple personality disorder has been proven to become a problem for a while but now he might discover that there are much stranger aspects about himself.

First of all, I'm not really a long time fan of Moon Knight but I've loved most of what I have read about him, I mean, a demented detective? That premise writes itself. I personally loved Charlie Huston run on the character since it was a pretty powerful entry on his mythos, I don't have the same opinion about Brian Bendis though since I thought he tried to make the title into an Avengers book instead of a Moon Knight title. So how do author Warren Ellis fares in comparison to the previous incarnations?

Well, he's already better than Bendis I can assure you. He gives a great focus to the detective aspects of the character while giving a lot of detail to the investigations and making it pretty compelling. The villain is really interesting and the way how Marc defeats him is really competent and impressive.

The way how Moon Knight is presented is pretty powerful too, he's simply a man on a suit instead of a costumed superhero and I guess it works for this kind of plot but I kinda miss the old look.

I have one complaint though, I don't know if I like the explanation about Marc's personality disorder since I consider it a bit sci-fi oriented for the character, I know that's Ellis' specialty but I'm not sure if it's the correct direction.

One of the greatest factors on this issue in the style and both Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire both a perfect fit for the story in a great combination of art and colors. It's a really distinctive look.

Pretty promising first issue overall. Let's see how it developes.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario