martes, 19 de octubre de 2021

Some thoughts about Shazam #4


Can Shazam fight one of his biggest challenges?

Billy has been going through hell to try to avoid a fight that he couldn't win, a fight that affected one of his greatest friends but maybe is just time to let go of pride and say good bye.

... This touches me in a very personal way but definitely not in a positive one.

I have commented several times before that I've lost someone extremely close to me this year, someone very important to me. It was a very hard time enduring the sickness for me and especially for her, she was incredibly strong during that time and I wish I can have half the same strenght if that ever happens to me.

So with that in mind this will be the first time I don't censor a swear word: WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PRIDE?!

What you feel when someone close to you is dying is extreme sadness for what's happening to that person, you do everything in your power to help not because of pride, but because you care about them and don't want them to keep suffering. 

Why is Pride even mentioned here really? Because Tim Sheridan needed to poorly justify the precense of one of the Seven Deadly Sins as an antagonist for Billy because of what's happening to his friend/brother Freddy. Is obvious that Sheridan just wanted to tell a story about the death of Freddy but didn't knew how to properly include it into the Teen Titans Academy spinoff he so wanted to promote and so, he decided to connect everything in the loosest way possible without realizing that tackling an idea this manner is borderline offensive (Oh, and the constant dumb jokes before that serious scene certainly didn't make me feel any better about it).

Not to mention that I sure as hell didn't want someone like Sheridan to handle the killing of a classic character to try to make this book "relevant" in some way and the worst thing is that do you know who actually survives here? That Teen Titans Academy character that was forced here because I really needed more reasons to hate this.

Clayton Henry's expressive artwork is good but I'm sorry, I just can't give more credit to this book.

One of the worst things that I've read this year. I profoundly detest this.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario