martes, 22 de diciembre de 2020

Some thoughts about Action Comics #1028

What is the future of the Daily Planet?

The Superman family is reunited once again to spend time together as best they can, meanwhile, the Daily Planet's new owner has big plans for it.

Brian Bendis' run comes to a conclusion and I must say that his last issue in the Superman book did a much better job at delivering an actual resolution.

First of all, this issue is devoted to both Clark's family and the Daily Planet with Bendis playing Jimmy Olsen's owning the whole place now. This is supposedly a development from Matt Fraction's Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen title (which I couldn't keep up reading because "the quirk" was too much for me) and I think Bendis actually did a good job with a solution that feels very appropriate for Jimmy by showing how simple and kind he actually is.

And that's where the positives end because the rest of it are a bunch of repetitive Bendis dialogue that could convey the idea of family and union in a shorter manner. I just don't care for how he writes Conner, I hate what he did to Jon and I just couldn't care less about the future he's teasing in his last pages (Poor Justice League). Again, at least Bendis did a better job at evoking the idea of Superman much better during the main title, here the charming interntion feels flat.

JRJR's art seems still rushed although it follows the script fine I guess.

Waste of time, waste of a run. Things can only improve from now on.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario