martes, 27 de abril de 2021

Some thoughts about Action Comics #1030


What are Mongul's plans?

Jon still worries about the fate of his father but this time he might have reasons for it since Clark's powers are decreasing and one of his worst enemies is coming after him.

Now this is more of what I'm talking about!

Is starting to get clearer for me what Phillip Kennedy Johnson is doing with the Superman books. While the main title is more focused on classic adventures between Clark and Jon, Action Comics deals with the theme of mortality and how people around you deal with it. As I mentioned before, I'm currently experiencing something similar in my life and this is why this kind of premise resonates so much with me and gives me a little insight about how to handle these feelings.

The plot also tackles the arrival of Mongul and it seems like the author is taking some of the ideas created by Brian Bendis but taking them to the next level (which is the usual we can expect) by presenting the villain a genuine threat.

Daniel Sampere handles the art and I'm happy to see him constantly improving. There are a lot of gorgeous scenarios here along with beautiful characters and precise storytelling.

The second feature about Midnighter by Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad and is once again fine, dealing with the kind of interactions the writers cemented during Future State and giving it some of kind of social commentary spin. Michael Avon Oeming's unique and flexible artwork might be my favorite part of it.

Good read, hope the next one follows this trend.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario