martes, 6 de julio de 2021

Some thoughts about Crush & Lobo #2


Can Crush find Lobo?

Romance doesn't seem to be one of Crush' strong points and this will lead her to avoid it and try to reconnect to the person she hates the most.

Good GOD, I hate this narration!

I mentioned last issue how much I disliked the direction Mariko Tamaki went with concerning Crush' inner thoughts but somehow this issue made them even more annoying with those narration boxes constantly appearing and trying way too hard to sound "modern", "witty" or whatever the hell Tamaki's intention is but this just doesn't sound good at all. Again, dialogue was never a problem during Tamaki's other works so I don't understand what the issue is here, maybe she's just terrible at writing young characters.

If there's something that I appreciate is that the writer at least tries to make the new girlfriend a little more interesting and there even might be more than meets the eye about her but still, the progresses at a snail pace with Crush only going to Lobo's prison at the end and the chapter padded with extremely obnoxious lines.

Amancay Nahuelpan's artwork is great though with a vibrant style that gets the best from character expressions and storytelling.

Ugh, I don't know if I can tolerate more of this. Is just badly written.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario