miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

Some thoughts about Sinestro #17

Sinestro and Black Adam will have to fight against a common foe.

A Guardian of Universe is connected to Teth-Adam's nation and now they will have to destroy to preserve the peace for their people. However, this could get worse once that they have to face one of the strongest heroes from Earth.

This was okay for the most part.

Cullen Bunn continues his story about this particular team-up by delivering a solid way to connect both characters and mythos. It works nicely and actually presents some enjoyable moments like when Black Adam becomes part of the Sinestro Corps.

Wonder Woman is also present here and is fortunately portrayed respectfully and is apparently going to play an important role in the next chapter. There are also some appearances of other villains like Deathstroke and Harley Quinn and their scenes are decent at the very least.

My biggest complaint here is about the art. Brad Walker and Neil Edwards' styles mix nicely with a clean style and expressive characters but Symon Kudranski' artwork at the end looks quite out of place and pretty messy.

I would say that I enjoyed this issue but not as much as the last one.

2 comentarios:

  1. Just wanted to correct you here:

    "they're scenes are decent at the very least."

    "They're" should be "their".

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Yeah, I know that. English is not my first language so sometimes when I'm writing I tend to confuse some terms when they sound similar in my head.

    Alreayd corrected.

    ResponderBorrar