miércoles, 29 de abril de 2015

Some thoughts about Batman #40

The final battle between Batman and the Joker has arrived.

Burce is ready to face the man who laughs and decided to end this conflict once for all. However, to accomplish such mission he will require a sacrifice.

The conclusion of Endgame, a storyarc I'm not particularly fond of, has come at last. So how does it fares?

Eh, it's okay I guess.

Scott Snyder continues his job at elevating the importance of the Joker to boderline annoying levels but at the same time he gives him back some of his classic weaknesses which is something I greatly appreciate. I would say that the ending of the battle between Batman and him is... appropriate definitely.

The final pages provide some interesting points about the concept of Batman but at the same time I feel like they're barely explored and didn't leave much of a satisfying conclusion.

Still, this is connected to the upcoming storyline which I hope will deliver better ideas considering who the protagonist is.

Greg Capullo still delivers a wonderful work in artwork thanks to his great detail, style and storytelling.

Overall, this works fine I would say but I'm glad that is over.

2 comentarios:

  1. I actually think this was the best I've ever seen from Snyder. So for me, the issue worked out quite well.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I also thought it was worth reading overall but I was kinda burned out of this storyarc.

      Borrar